Know which courses to choose in order to apply for the prestigious Fulbright Nehru Scholarship
The United States of America is one of the most desirable study destinations for international students. Apart from various globally recognized institutions, the country offers a luxurious lifestyle as well as a culturally diverse locale. While many people believe that studying in the US is expensive, the country offers several scholarships to international students to help ease their financial burden. One of the most prestigious of these is the Fulbright Nehru Scholarship. These are for exceptional Indian students who wish to pursue master’s degree programs at select US colleges and universities.
Who is this Fulbright Nehru Scholarship for?
These scholarships are for highly capable participants who demonstrate leadership skills, who have earned the equivalent of a bachelor’s degree in the U.S., who have at least three years of work experience, and who have a desire to return and contribute to their communities Committed. Fulbright Nehru Scholarship
You must be eligible for a J-1 visa in order to apply for this scholarship.
What is included in the scholarship
If you are awarded this scholarship, here are the benefits you will get:
- Round-trip economy airplane ticket from student’s home country to selected US university
- Funding for tuition and fees, accommodation and related expenses. Fulbright Nehru Scholarship
- Medical cover for accident and sickness (as per US government norms)
Eligibility and Duration for Fulbright Fellowship
These fellowships are awarded to a candidate for one to two years. Here are the requirements you must meet to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Earn a minimum of 55 per cent from a recognized Indian University.
- Must have a four-year bachelor’s degree or full-time master’s degree or full-time postgraduate diploma from a recognized Indian institution, if the bachelor’s degree is of less than four years’ duration.
- Must have at least three years full-time (paid) professional work experience relevant to the proposed field of study. Fulbright Nehru Scholarship
Fields for which you can apply
Each student must choose an area of research that matches his/her primary interest. Applicants can choose from a variety of courses in the following disciplines of study:
- Arts and Culture Management (includes heritage conservation and museum studies)
- Journalism and Mass Communication
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Women’s Studies/Gender Studies
- Economics Fulbright Nehru Scholarship
- Environmental Science/Studies
- higher education administration
- international affairs
- International Legal Studies
- public administration
- public health
How to Apply for Fulbright Fellowship
Applying for Fulbright Scholarship is easy. You can easily submit it online but remember to follow these rules:
- During a competition cycle, you may apply for only one Fulbright-Nehru Scholarship Official Website category.
- Plagiarism in an application will result in rejection. Fulbright Nehru Scholarship
- Unless otherwise noted, Fulbright-Nehru applications must be submitted online.
- You must adhere to the deadlines for considering your applications.
- Visa sponsorship extensions and transfers will not be accepted.
Timeline & Placement Process
|July 17, 2023||Application deadline|
|Early September 2023||Review of applications|
|Mid-October 2023||USIEF informs the applicants about the review outcome|
|End November 2023||Interviews of short-listed candidates|
|December 2023||USIEF notifies principal and alternate nominees|
|January 2024||USIEF forwards applications of recommended candidates to the U.S. for J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board (FFSB) approval and placement|
|March-April 2024||USIEF notifies the finalists about the FFSB approval|
|May/June 2024||Pre-Departure Orientation|
|August/September 2024||Program begins|
Studying in the US can be one of the best opportunities you will ever get in your life. Doing so on scholarship only prolongs the journey. Not only does this help you save money, but it also works wonders for your CV by making you look like a promising candidate. If you still have any questions, feel free to talk we’ll do our best to help! Fulbright Nehru Scholarship