Traffic Rules in India | New Traffic Rules in India PDF Download | traffic rules | New Traffic Rules PDF File
Traffic rules are being chained day by day in the country of India, the Motor Vehicle Act (Amendment) has been started by the Transport Minister from 1st September 2023. The challan of new traffic rules has been increased once again in the country by the central and state government. Today, we all see that more than half of the deaths in our country happen in road accidents, one reason for which is that most of the citizens break the traffic rules. In view of all these, New Traffic Rules have been implemented by the Central Government. With these new rules, all the citizens of the country will have to follow the traffic rules. Today, in this article, we will share information related to the need and purpose of the amendment of the new traffic law.
Traffic police challan list 2023
To prevent accidents on the road, the government has approved new traffic rules and regulations on September 1, 2019. Now every vehicle will follow every single rule while moving. Otherwise, there may be a fine up to several times, let us tell you that according to the New Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Act, 2019 in India.
Under the New Motor Vehicle Act 2023, a fine of 550 crores will be imposed on the companies for making a vehicle with a lower engine than the standard. For example, under (Section-177) and (New Section-177), earlier a fine of Rs 1000 had to be paid for breaking traffic. But now it is not so, it has been increased to Rs 5000, in this way, under the new law, a fine of up to Rs 1 lakh can be imposed on the people who violate the driving license and the driving license of only seven of its citizens can be suspended.
Purpose of new traffic law 2023
There are many people in the country who do not follow the road traffic rules and various types of road accidents happen in violation of the traffic rules. To overcome all these problems, the New Traffic Rules 2020 has been implemented by the Central Government. Is. Under these rules, whoever breaks these traffic rules, then they will have to pay more fine for the accident. Through the new traffic rules, now everyone in the country should follow the road rules. Along with the fine, the provision of punishment has also been kept by the government. Accidents on the road will also improve through new traffic laws.
Soft copy of driving documents
Under the new traffic rule made by the government, it is necessary for every citizen of the country to keep a photo copy of his essential documents in his mobile. Therefore, now no citizen will need to physically carry his papers with him. If the traffic police asks for the driving license or other documents, then the driver can show the soft copy in his mobile phone.
Road safety rules 2023
- Under this new traffic rule, a fine of Rs 1 lakh will be imposed on the citizens for violating the driving license rules of traffic. Let us tell you that a fine of 1,000 to 2,000 rupees will be imposed for driving at high speed on the road.
- Under the Road Safety Rules, if a minor is caught driving a bike or vehicle, he will have to pay a fine of up to Rs 25,000 and his driving license will be cancelled.
- Under the New Traffic Rules, those who drive in the wrong direction while talking on mobile and those who create traffic jams, those who do dangerous driving and unnecessarily such citizens will have to pay fine for causing traffic jams.
Amendment in motor vehicle act
The 1989 Motor Vehicles Act has been amended by the Government of India. Which will be implemented in the entire country from 1 October 2020. Major changes have been made in this amendment by the government. Under which you do not need to carry physical documents everywhere. Now you can keep the soft copy of your driving license with you. The government has started this decision to promote digital. Many more amendments have been made in the Motor Vehicles Act.
What are the features of the Motor Vehicles Act, 2023
- Awareness of traffic rules: – The purpose of this act is to make all the citizens of India aware of the traffic rules and also to stop the road accidents happening every day.
- Fine:- The fine has been kept so that the citizen does not follow the rules, so the fine imposed on him has been increased by 15%, if he does not follow the traffic then the citizen of India will have to pay a fine of 15%. |
- Safety device:- It has been made mandatory for the citizens to follow the safety equipment before traveling on the road. If there is an accident on their seven, then they can be saved from serious accidents.
Validity of Documents
New Traffic Rules India’s Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari has extended all documents such as driving license, fitness permit related document limit which was from 31st July, now it has been increased to 31st September 2022 due to Corona. All this has been done because covid-19 has spread across the country.
Don’t drive two wheeler without helmet
As we all know that in today’s time helmet must be worn while riding a bike. Along with this, the other person sitting on the bike must also wear a helmet. If any of the two people do not follow this rule, then they can be fined up to Rs 1000. In severe cases, the traffic officer may even suspend your license for a period of up to 3 months.
Jumping red light
If you jump the red light on the road for any reason, then a fine of Rs 5000 has been fixed by the government for this. So make sure that you do not try to jump any red light while driving. No matter how much you are in a hurry, do not jump any red light for any reason and avoid paying a fine of five thousand.
physical verification of documents
Let us tell you that there will be no physical verification of documents under the new traffic rules and if the traffic officer wants to cancel the driving license, he can do it through the official portal.
Driver and traffic officer information
The behavior of the driver will also be seen under the new Motor Vehicle Act and the identification of the police officer will be done under the web portal.
It was possible to extend the lockdown document.
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has extended the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 and the Central Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989 Motor Fitness Registration License Registration till 31 December 2021 due to the conditions to contain the spread of COVID-19 across the country |
road safety rules 2023
- A fine of Rs 1 lakh will be imposed on people who flout their driving license and Rs 1000 to Rs 2000 will be imposed on them for speeding or driving a vehicle on the road, be it a bike or a car.
- Under the new road safety act, if a minor is caught driving a bike or car in India, then he will have to pay a fine of up to Rs 30,000, and the registration of his vehicle will be canceled and after that the license of the minor will not be made till the age of 25. will get
- Under the new act, people who talk on the phone while driving a bike or car, jump traffic, walk in the wrong direction, cause unnecessary traffic jams.
- People are advised to use safety equipment before traveling on the road, if for some reason seven road accidents happen every year, they can avoid serious accidents.
New Traffic Rules on Helmet
As we all know that wearing a helmet on the bike has been made mandatory but in spite of this your challan can be deducted. Yes, you will be a little surprised to think that even after wearing a helmet, how your online activity can be cut. This challan will not be small or fat, but the Central Road Transport Ministry has notified its revised rules and has kept Rs 2,000.
- 1000 challan for wearing helmet without ISI mark
- Only BIS-certified helmets for two-wheelers are allowed to be manufactured and sold in the country. That is, it has been made mandatory for you to wear only ISI helmet while driving a bike-scooter, if you do not have any such type of helmet, under Section 194D MVA of the Motor Vehicle Act, 1 thousand will be deducted from you.
- 1000 rupees fine for not wearing helmet
- As we all know that even if we wear a helmet, you can still be challaned. Even if you do not wear the head band tightly, you can be fined Rs 1,000. If you leave the house wearing a helmet without ISI mark and do not even tie the strap of that helmet, then despite having a helmet on your head, an invoice of Rs 2,000 will be deducted. After this, no matter how much you argue with the policemen, within a few minutes the challan will come in your hands. In this way your invoice can be deducted. That’s why whenever you leave the house, go out carefully and follow all the rules properly.
New Traffic Challan Fine Rate List PDF-
New Traffic Rules New traffic rules and finance have gone all over the country, for more information you can visit the official website of the ministry
States putting new traffic rules on hold
Let us tell you that Telangana is the first state which has implemented traffic rules and after that has put these rules on hold. The reasoning behind this by the government there has been explained to the problems caused to the citizens by the high penalty.
Documents required for driving two wheeler
- Valid DL (Driving license)
- Valid RC (registration certificate) of vehicle
- pollution under control certificate
- Valid insurance certificate
Traffic Fines List 2022
|Driving without insurance (196)||Rs 1,000||Rs. 2,000|
|Offences by Juveniles (199)||–||Guardian/ Owner shall be deemed guilty. Rs 25,000 with 3 years imprisonment. Juvenile to be tried under JJ Act. Registration of Motor Vehicle to be cancelled.|
|Power of officers to impound documents (206)||–||Suspension of driving licence under sections 183, 184, 185, 189, 190, 194C, 194D, 194E|
|Offences committed by enforcing authorities (210B)||–||Twice the penalty under the relevant section.|