Today, in this article, we will discuss the latest initiative launched by the social justice empowered government of Gujarat known as Food Bill Scholarship. This program provides assistance for a period of 10 months to all students pursuing medical and engineering degrees belonging to SC category. If you are interested in benefiting from this scholarship program and want to gather more details, read this article till the end. Here, you will get information about eligibility criteria, benefits, application process and more.
Food Bill Scholarship 2024
Gujarat Government has launched the latest scholarship scheme to provide assistance for food facilities to the candidates currently studying medical and engineering courses. Under this scheme, students from these areas will receive financial assistance of Rs 1000 on monthly basis for the last 10 months. The initiative aims to support individuals from backward classes who struggle to manage their expenses, especially their food bills. Recognizing the important role of health in a student’s life, especially for SC category students from low socioeconomic background, the government has launched this scholarship scheme.
Overview Details of Food Bill Scholarship 2024
|Name of the Scheme
|Food Bill Assistance Scholarship
|Department of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of Gujarat
|All the SC Category, Medical, and Engineering Students
|Gujarat Govt Scheme
Purpose of Food Bill Assistance Scholarship
The primary objective of this scholarship scheme is to provide assistance to all persons from backward classes to ensure access to proper food essential for their health. Medical and engineering courses cost a lot, making it challenging for students to afford a nutritious diet. To address this, the Government of Gujarat has come up with this scheme, which will be managed by the Department of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of Gujarat.
Services available under Food Bill Scholarship
- monthly food benefits
- nutrition education
- Farmers Market Voucher
- Food Pantry
- community kitchen
Food Bill Scholarship Eligibility
- Only students currently enrolled in engineering and medical courses are eligible for this scholarship program.
- Backward class students belonging to SC category are eligible.
- The annual family income of the beneficiaries should be less than Rs 2.5 lakh.
Benefits of Food Bill Assistance Scholarship
- This scheme is launched by the Government of Gujarat and is managed by the Department of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- With the implementation of this scholarship program, financial assistance of Rs 1000 will be provided to all the beneficiaries for 10 months.
- The government aims to provide support so that students from backward classes and SC category can maintain a healthy diet, thereby contributing to success in their respective fields.
- passport size photo
- previous year mark sheet
- hostel certificate
- caste certificate
- PAN card
- Voter ID Card
- Address proof
- death certificate
- Date of birth
- Transfer Certificate
- graduation certificate
- fee receipt
- bank passbook
- 12th class certificate
- income certificate
Registration process under Food Bill Scholarship 2024
- All eligible candidates have to visit the official website of the scheme.
- There, find the “Apply Now” option, tap on it and continue the process.
- After clicking on that link tap on New Registration option and continue.
- The application form will appear; Fill all the required details requested on that page.
- Additionally, upload all the necessary documents required; Before the submission process, verify all the details.
- The final step is to submit the application form, and applicants are advised to retain a copy for future reference.
Gujarat Unreserved Educational and Economic Development Corporation
Address- Block No. 2, 7th Floor, D-2 Wing, Karmayogi Bhawan, Sector 10-A, Gandhinagar,
Phone Number- 079-23258688 – 079-23258684 Gujarat – 382010