Udan Scheme Upsc | Udaan Scheme India | Udan Scheme Pib | Udaan Scheme Launched By | Full Form | List Of Airports | Udaan Scheme By Which State | Udaan Scheme Website
Flights are too expensive. Therefore, in order to make air travel affordable and widespread, the Government of India has launched the Ude Desh Ka Aam Nagrik scheme which is also known as the UDAN scheme. Various measures are taken to promote air travel through this scheme. This article will cover all the important information about UDAN scheme. You will come to know how you can avail the benefits of the scheme. Apart from this, you will also get information about its implementation process. So to know every detail about the scheme you have to read this article.
UDAN Scheme 2023
UDAN scheme is basically a regional airport development program launched by the Government of India. It is basically a part of a regional connectivity plan to upgrade under-served air routes. Through this scheme air travel will be made cheap and widespread. Through this scheme air travel will be made cheaper and cheaper and small towns will be connected to big cities. The first flight under the scheme took place in 2017. About 60 lakh people have traveled by air for just Rs.2500. Through this scheme, 1000 routes will be connected with air services. With the implementation of the scheme, one crore people will travel by air every year.
Purpose Of Flight Planning
The main objective of UDAN scheme is to connect small and medium towns with big cities through air service. Under this scheme, cheap and affordable air travel facility will be made available to the citizens of the country. Many citizens will be able to travel through air transport at cheap fares. The government is going to provide subsidy to implement this scheme. This scheme will improve the standard of living in the country. Apart from this, time and effort will also be saved. Citizens can travel across the country in less time. With this scheme, all the common citizens of the country will be able to travel by aeroplane. This scheme will also improve employment opportunities across the country.
Key Highlights Of UDAN Scheme
|Name Of The Scheme||Udan Scheme|
|Launched By||Government Of India|
|Beneficiary||Citizens Of India|
|Objective||To Provide Affordable Air Travel Facility|
|Official Website||Click Here|
UDAN Plan Implementation
- Under this scheme, the aviation company had bid for the air route.
- The company that asks for the lowest subsidy is awarded the contract.
- Under this scheme, the airline has to book half the fare of each flight or a minimum of 9 or a maximum of 40 seats.
- Small towns of the country will be connected to the country through this scheme.
- At present, the fare for traveling by taxi is Rs 10 per kilometer but under this scheme, the fare for 500 km air travel has been fixed at Rs 2500 only.
- i.e. Rs.5 per kilometer which is less than the taxi travel cost
- With the implementation of this scheme, the time and money of the citizens of the country will be saved.
- With the implementation of this scheme, employment is created in sectors like airport operation, aircraft maintenance, air traffic control and technical staff.
- Tourism will also be promoted through this scheme.
- 46 important tourist destinations have been selected under the scheme.
UDAN Scheme Launched
- In the year 2016, the Central Government has announced a National Civil Aviation Policy
- UDAN scheme was a component of the National Civil Aviation Policy
- This scheme is also known as Ude Desh ka Aam Naagrik
- The government has launched this scheme in October 2016.
- The first flight from Shimla to Delhi under the scheme was flagged off by Prime Minister Narendra Modi himself in April 2017.
- Under this scheme, the Government of India compensates airlines in the form of Viability Gap Funding for the losses incurred due to low fares.
- Airport Authority of India has also waived airport fees
- State governments are also providing security, electricity and fire fighting facilities free of cost
Flight Plan Progress
- The scheme has been approved in four phases namely Udaan 1, Udaan 2, Udaan 3 and Udaan 4.
- 98 airports, 33 heliports and 12 airstrips have been selected under the scheme
- Now air services are being provided from 5 helicopters and 2 aerodromes on more than 350 routes at 59 airports.
- The government has included a helicopter and seaplane service under the scheme
- Under the scheme, 11 operators are providing cheap tickets to the passengers.
- 132800 flights have been flown under the scheme till 28th June 2021
- The government has given a subsidy of Rs 1228 crore so that passengers can get tickets at a cheaper rate.
- About 60 lakh people have traveled at affordable rates under this scheme
- The share of airports in small and medium cities in the country increased by 5%
- Government to add 1000 new routes with additional 100 airports
- 28 heliports and 10 water aerodromes for seaplanes will be introduced
- Under the plan, 10 airports have been proposed in the northeastern states
- The government has set a target of providing 1 crore tickets annually to the people at affordable rates under this scheme.
- Under the scheme, about 300 cities of the country will be connected to each other. Out of these 300 cities, 150 cities have been connected so far.
Inauguration Of Flights In Jabalpur
On 31 May 2022, Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia inaugurated two flights from Jabalpur in Madhya Pradesh. Under this scheme, 1.94 lakh flights have been operated in the last 6 years. More than 1 crore passengers have traveled through these flights. In Madhya Pradesh too, flight movement has increased by 70% in the last 10 months. This information has been given by the Civil Aviation Minister.
The newly introduced flights include Delhi-Jabalpur-Bhopal-Gwalior 3 days a week and Delhi-Jabalpur-Bilaspur-Bhopal 4 days a week. With these two new flights, Jabalpur is now connected to 8 cities and has 160 flights per week as against 94 earlier. From Indore, 468 flights operate and has connectivity to 20 cities. 200 flight moments and connectivity to 12 cities have also been created in Bhopal. In Gwalior, 94 flights connecting 8 cities have been made possible by this scheme.
Benefits and Features of UDAN Scheme
- UDAN scheme is basically a regional airport development program launched by the Government of India.
- It is basically a part of a regional connectivity plan to upgrade under-served air routes.
- Through this scheme, air travel will be made cheap and widespread.
- Through this scheme, air travel will be made cheaper and cheaper and small towns will be connected to big cities.
- The first flight under the scheme was carried out in 2017.
- About 60 lakh people have traveled by air for Rs.2500 only.
- Through this scheme, 1000 routes will be connected with air services.
- With the implementation of the scheme, one crore people will travel by air every year.