One Stop Centre Scheme Upsc | One Stop Centre Scheme Launch Date | One Stop Centre Scheme in Hindi | One Stop Centre Scheme Wikipedia | One Stop Centre Scheme Pdf | Sakhi One Stop Centre Scheme
The Ministry of Women and Child Development Launched a scheme Which Is One Stop Center Scheme 2023, so now we are going to provide you with complete information about this scheme. The scheme is a flagship program of the Government of India, aimed at providing holistic support to women affected by violence. Launched in 2015, the scheme seeks to address the challenges faced by women victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, and other forms of gender-based violence.
In this article, we will provide you with all the essential details about this Sakhi One Stop Center Scheme like benefits, features, eligibility criteria, a process to use, and many more. You just have to read this entire article till the end and get detailed information from this article.
One Stop Center Scheme 2023
The One Stop Center Program (OSC) is a flagship program of the Government of India that aims to provide comprehensive assistance to women victims of violence. The program aims to address the challenges faced by women victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, and other forms of gender-based violence by providing basic support services such as medical aid, legal aid, police assistance, psychosocial and temporary counseling centers . Among others, unique centers have been set up across the country, providing unique services under one roof to women to meet their needs. The program was successful in providing basic support services to women and helped in creating an enabling and empowering environment for women.
Overview Details of One Stop Centre Scheme
|Name of the Scheme||One-Stop Centre Scheme|
|Launched by||Ministry of Women and Child Development|
|Beneficiaries||All the women in our Country|
Objective of One Stop Center Scheme
The main goal of the One Stop Center program is to provide women victims of violence easy access to basic support services such as medical aid, legal aid, police assistance, mental health counseling and temporary housing. The program aims to achieve a coordinated and comprehensive response to violence against women, bridge gaps in service delivery, and empower women to access help and support without fear of stigma or exclusion. The program aims to raise awareness about violence against women and create a non-violent society where women can live with dignity and exercise their rights. One Stop Centre Scheme
Benefits and Features of One Stop Center Scheme
- The One Stop Center Program (OSC), launched by the Government of India in 2015, is a flagship program aimed at providing holistic support to women affected by violence. The program provides women with easy access to basic support services such as medical aid, legal aid, police assistance, mental health counseling and temporary housing. Here are some of the benefits and features of the One Stop Center system:
- The OSC scheme provides a single-window service to women affected by violence, ensuring that all their needs are met under one roof. This ensures a coordinated and comprehensive response to violence against women, reducing gaps in service delivery.
- One Stop Centers are open 24/7, ensuring women can access the services they need any time.
- The scheme is designed to provide an enabling and safe environment for women to share their concerns and seek help. Centers have been set up in all districts across the country, bringing them within reach of women in all walks of life.
- The OSC scheme has a convergence approach, where various ministries and departments such as health, police, legal and social welfare work together to provide support to women. This ensures a comprehensive response to violence against women.
- The centers are equipped with trained personnel who are qualified to handle cases of violence against women sensitively and efficiently. They are trained to understand the complexities of gender-based violence and provide support to women in a non-judgmental and confidential manner.
- The scheme empowered women to speak out against violence and seek help without fear of being stigmatized or ostracized. It has created a supportive and empowering environment for women.
- The One Stop Center scheme has been successful in providing essential support services to women and has contributed to creating a violence-free society where women can exercise their rights and live with dignity. One Stop Centre Scheme
- The eligibility criteria for availing the services under the One Stop Center (OSC) scheme are as follows:
- The victim must be a woman who has faced violence, which includes domestic violence, sexual assault, acid attack, trafficking and other forms of violence against women.
- The victim may belong to any age group, religion, caste, class or educational background.
- The victim must have sought help from the authorities or law enforcement agencies to register a case and get legal aid.
- The victim should provide valid identification such as Aadhaar card, voter ID card, or any other identity card issued by the government.
- The victim should be prepared to seek support and counseling to recover from the trauma and mental stress caused by the violence. One Stop Centre Scheme
- The victim should not have used similar services from any other Government or Non-Government organization.
- The victim must be willing to share personal information and medical history to enable center staff to provide necessary assistance.
- The victim can use the services of the center without any financial burden, as the services provided under the scheme are free of cost.
- The services of the center can be accessed by the victim or his representative such as a family member or friend. One Stop Centre Scheme
Procedure to use One Stop Center Scheme
- Candidates can locate the nearest One-Stop Center by calling the hotline number 181 or visiting the official website of the program.
- Once you find the nearest single service center, you can contact it through the service number or official website. You can also visit the center in person.
- Once you reach the centre, you will be asked to register. The registration process involves filling out a form with your personal information and a brief description of the event.
- The information provided will be kept confidential.
- After registration, a trained advisor will conduct an assessment to determine your needs. The assessment process includes understanding the condition, the type of support needed and the support services available. One Stop Centre Scheme
- Based on the assessment, the consultant provides the necessary support services. Services provided may include medical aid, legal aid, police assistance, psychosocial counseling and emergency shelter.
- The advisor will guide you through the process and help you understand your options.
- The One-Stop Center will contact you to make sure you get the help you need.
- The follow-up process is important to monitor progress, provide additional support, and ensure your needs are being met. One Stop Centre Scheme