Many initiatives and portals have been launched by various government departments, and one notable effort is the Green Tamil Nadu Mission recently launched by the Government of Tamil Nadu. This initiative focuses on launching a green mission for afforestation and development of forests in various areas of the state. This article comprehensively provides essential information covering the primary objectives, features, eligibility criteria and registration process of the mission.
Green Tamil Nadu Mission 2024
The Government of Tamil Nadu has launched a commendable initiative aimed at increasing the forest cover in the state, thereby ensuring conservation of nature for future generations facing potential climate change challenges. Over the next decade, the initiative plans to plant 8,804,25 types of trees across the state involving all sectors, public and private organisations. Acting as a visionary project, the Mission seeks to transform the landscape of the state by increasing the green cover of the state from the existing 23.8% to a targeted 33%. It goes beyond symbolism, strategically addresses environmental challenges, enhances biodiversity and improves the overall quality of life.
Key Highlights of Green Tamil Nadu Mission
|Name of the Scheme
|Green Tamil Nadu Mission
|Chief Minister M K Stalin
|Arignar Anna Zoological Park in Vandalur
|To increase the State’s current 23.8% green cover to 33%.
|1800 599 7634
Objective of Green Tamil Nadu Mission
The primary goal of this initiative is to increase the green cover of the state from the existing 23.8% to 33% with emphasis on the welfare of animals and plants. The Mission underlines the importance of directing efforts to conserve the state’s biodiversity, protect the ecosystem and the diverse flora and fauna that call the state home.
Features of Green Tamil Nadu Mission
- The mission focuses on planting new trees and restoring existing forests to increase green cover with emphasis on a variety of tree species to enhance biodiversity.
- Active participation of communities, individuals and organizations is encouraged in tree planting efforts, with emphasis on creation of green spaces such as parks and gardens in urban areas to enhance the lifestyle of citizens.
- Monitoring and maintenance of planted trees by the authorities ensures their survival and growth, thereby increasing green cover, well-maintenance and contributing to prosperity.
- The initiative aims to make the state more resilient to climate change, improve water quality, contribute to groundwater recharge and reduce the impact of extreme weather events.
- This initiative is designed for the state of Tamil Nadu.
- All citizens are encouraged to participate and contribute to their state’s environmental efforts.
Required Document List
- identity document
- Land ownership/permission document
- Environmental Clearance (if required)
- Community support/consent (if applicable)
- Budget and Financial Documents
- work plan
- Maps and Surveys
- Planting and Care Guidelines
- Environmental Impact Assessment (if necessary)
- Progress and monitoring reports
- Legal and Regulatory Compliance Documents
- Insurance documents (if required)
- Photographic evidence
- Community and Stakeholder Engagement Plan
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
- Report on planting and survival rates
- Educational and awareness materials (if applicable)
- Legal permissions (if applicable)
Registration Process under Green Tamil Nadu Mission
- Visit the official website of the mission.
- Click on the login option and proceed.
- Select the Register option and enter all the required details while attaching the required documents.
- Verify details and submit the registration form.